Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Adding More Contrast to New Paintings

As I connected plan on two new abstract paintings (see antecedent post), I aboriginal sketched in some curve in mars black. I acclimated the curve mainly to outline shapes and absolute the eye through the composition, but aswell to add movement and texture.
After feathering some of the curve with a besom to abate them, I began to highlight some shapes by painting in a added solid, blurred color. I did this with some of the titanium white and the peach.
Next, I went to plan on the additional painting, afresh cartoon curve with black. I approved to be antic with the atramentous lines, application them to outline shapes and actualize texture.
After these curve dry, I’ll do added plan with the colors and composition.



No comments:

Post a Comment